IMPORTANT

OCMan101
Hello. I for one have always loved this server, since from about a month and a half ago when i started it. This server was so great, I even donated all my money at the time for the donator rank of Blaze. But now me and many others are just left shaking their heads at the awful downhill spiral this server is on. So many things I can list are screwing up this server. First off, the censorship plugin, which I understand to a point, but it just seems a bit too restrictive. I do again understand that to a point, I'm just not a big fan. That can be left alone. Not of any real concern. Also the proper grammar plugin, which is a slight concern. Mainly because, if someone doesn't wish to use proper grammar, why should they? I don't care so much about it, it's just a slight concern for others. A more serious concern, that have affected multiple people. When the economy plugin broke and everyone lost their money. Which I understand is not your fault. But also, no compensation of any kind was given afterwards, anyone who asked about it later was just given a too bad response. I personally only lost about 500k, but I know of some others who lost multiple millions of dollars. And no compensation was given at the time. And I tried to talk to Slappy about it on Team speak, as I had a few ideas as which might fix the problem. But I was shouted at and ignored by Slappy. I understand, Slappy that you were under a decent amount of pressure there. But still, comon man. I used to see 20 people at a time on the server, now I see half that usually. But you know what, to a certain point I could even forget and forgive about that for the most part. Now here comes the BIG ISSUE. The one most talked about and most hated. The new rule stating that your Guard application will not even be considered if you are under the age of 16. Here's how it affected me; I wrote my original application, then I waited about 2 weeks, but was denied. And I understood that, as I didn't work very hard on it and it was short. Then I wrote a new application, this one took me about an hour, and I considered it a good, well thought out application for the position of Guard. It was then pended by H2H0(Co- Owner), and stayed like this for about 2 weeks. Then, out of absoloutly nowhere, Slappy brings out this idiotic and discriminative rule. I'm sure multiple people can relate to this story.  I mean what the hell Slappy. Comon man. what's next, you have to be 16 years old to play on the server?! This kind of stuff needs to be fixed, and I'm sure many others could find other issues that should be fixed. Please Slappy, H2H0, B_zerker, and everyone else on the Fatality Network, fix this.

Re: IMPORTANT

KingFaris10
I agree with 75% of this. I think the Grammar plugin is fine, but the rest NEEDS to be sorted out.

Re: IMPORTANT

mrcraft896
i also agree with this the grammar is not a big deal, but i think the staff apps should at least be read and have a chance i took 1-2 hours just to write my good and thoughtfull app and when i get on the server to see if slappy will read it and i get denied because im not 16. l
~mrcraft

Re: IMPORTANT

SlappyGilmore
Administrator
The reason staff applications are now 16+ is because I do not have the time to read 500 staff applications a week, and that's all this forums has turned into. No one is posting in the right sections of the forums, and everyone is only on the server to be a "guard". If you're here entirely for guard I'm going to be open and honest with you, I don't want you on the server anyway. You have the ability to become guard, but you're going to have to work for it. Applications that you guys spend "2-3 hours on" I could write in 5 minutes. I'm sick of improper grammar, improper spelling, and the whining and ridiculousness of 90% of the players. You don't need to be a staff member to play on a minecraft server, I'll tell you what when I was your age I never wanted special treatment. I knew I was a young kid and everyone older than me stood more of a chance. The only reason I played a video game was to have that fun of playing the game. The reason for the swearing plugin is 8 year olds play on this server and they're not to be swearing and listening to others swear. Every day I'd log into the server and see someone flipping out over something random... It's nothing against you, it's against the amount of applications received, about the time I have to put into the server. The only reason the server isn't averaging many players right now is because I've stopped all advertising techniques until I finish the new prison. After that happens everything is going to change, all staff will be mature and friendly to all of the players regardless of age. New ranks will be added as requested, and new plugins as requested also. So don't think for a second that I've given up on the server I'm only busy with school work and my actual job. Once I get some more staff to forum patrol and what not I will be removing the age limit. It's only a temporary solution to stop children from spamming me in the game asking for staff ranks and for me to read their applications. It takes me on average about a minute to read every application posted on the forums, not including time I spend opening them. Then having to write a response on all of them so they know they're denied adds another 20-30 seconds because of slow internet speeds. So after I read about 60 applications, which was about the daily amount submitted; an hour had gone by. To be honest applications have never really been the way to get staff ranks on any of my servers, it would start by talking to me on teamspeak and me noticing you're not a 5 year old child. The issue with any staff member is abuse and I can't get a new staff member every day, as I won't tell who is actually abusing. Hope you understand, hope to see you in about 2 weeks once the server has had time to settle up into the new prison and everything.
SlappyGilmore ~ Server Owner/Operator

Re: IMPORTANT

Faris Rehman
Is the age limit still on?